Planned Giving > Charitable Lead Trust

Charitable Lead Trust

Protect Your Assets

If you want to make an impact now at Placer Food Bank and also provide for your family later, consider setting up a charitable lead trust. You transfer cash or other assets to a trust that makes payments to Placer Food Bank for a period of time. When the term is up, the remaining trust passes to your family or other beneficiaries you select.

There are two ways that charitable lead trusts make payments to Placer Food Bank:

A charitable lead annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year to Placer Food Bank and is more attractive when interest rates are low.

A charitable lead unitrust pays a variable amount each year to Placer Food Bank based on the value of the assets in the trust. With a unitrust, if the trust's assets go up in value, for example, the payments to Placer Food Bank go up as well.

Will Icon Raspberry

Discover More

See which type of charitable trust best fits your estate plan with the FREE guide Trusts: Choose From Two Ways to Donate.

Fund Your Donation With:

Next Steps

  1. Contact us to talk about supporting Placer Food Bank by setting up a charitable lead trust.
  2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
  3. If you include Placer Food Bank in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal name: Placer Food Bank
Address: 8284 Industrial Avenue, Roseville, CA 95678
Federal tax ID number: 94-1740316