CalFresh Emergency Allotments are Ending April 2023
- During COVID19, Congress authorized temporary Emergency Allotments to help meet food needs, which provided an additional average of $95 per month. Since March 2020, CalFresh Emergency Allotments supplemented regular CalFresh benefit amounts.
- The regular CalFresh benefit that recipients are eligible for are not changing, which is the CalFresh amount put onto the EBT card between the 1st and the 10th of each month.
- The regular CalFresh benefit is based on household size, income, and deductions.
- There are no hearing rights related to the loss of Emergency Allotment benefits. No further action is required.
- For additional resources, visit placerfoodbank.org/get-food/ to learn about the PantryToGo free food distributions schedule or dial 2-1-1 to find distributions in your area.
CalFresh, known federally as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, provides monthly food benefits to individuals and families with low-income and provides economic benefits to our communities. Placer Food Bank is able to help members of our community apply to receive benefits.
Below are some of the many benefits of CalFresh:
- CalFresh is the largest food program in California and provides an essential hunger safety net
- CalFresh benefits stretch food budgets, allowing individuals and families to afford nutritious food, including more fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods
- The amount of benefits a household receives is dependent on household size, countable income, and monthly expenses, such as housing and utilities
- The program issues monthly benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card that looks like a bank debit card
- This card can be used at most grocery stores or farmers markets that accept EBT cards
- Food can also be purchased online through Walmart or Amazon and any orders over $35 will include free delivery
Placer Food Bank's CalFresh team is ready to assist you in English or Spanish!
We want to make the pre-screening and application assistance process easy for you. Here’s how to get started:
- Contact our office at 916-783-0481 x111 to schedule an appointment or to find out when we will be at various community outreach events
- Visit https://www.getcalfresh.org/?source=placerfb to get more information and apply
Contact us! We’re here to help!Sienna Anaya, CalFresh Program Manager
Margaret Barraicua, CalFresh Outreach Coordinator
By phone:916-783-0481 x 111
By mail:Placer Food Bank
8284 Industrial Avenue
Roseville, CA 95678