Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
For corporate or service groups, please fill out the Group Volunteer Inquiry Form. Our volunteer coordinator will respond within 72 hours to begin planning your visit.
We welcome individual volunteers ages 14 and up. Please enter your contact information on the form to the right. Please keep an eye out for an email containing our application and more information about our volunteer opportunities.
All volunteers, under age 15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who volunteers with them for the duration of their shifts. All minors must receive parental permission to volunteer and submit a release signed by their parent or guardian in addition to their application.
We are not able to accommodate court-mandated service hours at this time.
Placer Food Bank volunteer sessions are fun and rewarding! Placer Food Bank is an industrial food handling facility, and the following guidelines are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and success:
- Closed-toe shoes are required, no exceptions.
- Our warehouse is warm during the summer and cold in the winter. For your comfort, please dress appropriately for the season and weather conditions. For those volunteering at our outdoor free drive-through food distributions, same dress code applies.
- Your work will be physical in nature and includes long periods of standing. You may be asked to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and plan to work the full session.
- All volunteers and staff are required to wear a face covering at all times unless they are fully vaccinated and have submitted necessary verification of vaccination status.
- Maintain six feet social distancing.
- For the safety of our staff and other volunteers, please refrain from volunteering if you have a fever, cough, or have been exposed to COVID.
We schedule our volunteers in advance to manage our group size and ensure that all of the necessary paperwork in completed. Please notify volunteer staff if you need to miss a scheduled shift or otherwise change your schedule no less than 24 hours in advance.
Media Policy:If a volunteer group representing their company or organization is planning to invite the media to cover their volunteering in the PFB warehouse and/or at drive-through distributions, this request must be provided in advance to the Volunteer Coordinator, Director of Operations and Director of Development for review and approval. While this request rarely comes up, we want to ensure that when it does, that we have a clear understanding of the intention of the volunteer group and their organization for wanting media coverage for their volunteer activity.